Seven years ago, my family moved to a new house. For a long time no one occupied the house. Actually it isn’t a new house but an old one. I was glad to move to a bigger house so I could have bigger bedroom. But the story started on the first night. After unpacking my stuff, I went to bed. I was so tired. I feel asleep right away. Then I woke up in the middle of the night. It was so dark. Suddenly I felt someone hug me from behind. I turned the light on but I didn’t see anybody. I heard the sound of someone’s breath. I wanted to scream but I lost my voice. My legs were trembling. It was so eerie! After a while, I tired to calm down and started to pray. It helped, the voice disappeared and I didn’t feel scared anymore. People say that the house was haunted.
1. occupied (occupy) : live or work in a room, house or building.
2. stuff : used to refer to a substance, material, group
of objects, etc when you don’t know the name.
3. trembling (tremble) : shake uncontrollably from fear or cold.
4. eerie : strange and frightening.
5. disappeared (disappear) : go out of sight, stop existing.